Hurricane Alley Waterpark, Corpus Christi’s FIRST family waterpark, will be making landfall Spring 2012!
The 8 acre waterpark is unique in many ways, with its location being the most unique feature. Hurricane Alley is located directly beside Whataburger Field, home of the Corpus Christi Hooks-the AA affiliate for the Houston Astros, and will not only be Corpus Christi’s first family waterpark, but will also be the first waterpark to ever be integrated into a professional baseball stadium! The park will share a common area with the stadium, enabling a waterpark experience unlike any offered at other parks.
This common area is a custom-designed, baseball-themed spray deck. The spray deck will be in the shape of a baseball diamond and will allow children to run all of the bases while water sprays playfully from balls, bats and gloves. This attraction is sure to be a homerun hit with our young guests and Hook’s game-goers!
Along with its location and spray deck, Hurricane Alley will also boast many other attractions that are unique to the park and were custom- designed specifically for it:
- “USS Dusty”: Hurricane Alley’s own replica aircraft carrier; designed to thrill the kiddos with slides, water cannons, replica aircraft and more, will be located in the almost 6400 sq. ft. children’s pool! The “USS Dusty” has been included as a main attraction in the park to honor our local military presence in Corpus Christi.
- “Cat 5”: A 6-story thrill slide, reaching heights of 65 feet! This complex is the only one of its kind in the state of Texas and is sure to offer an unforgettable ride to the bottom!
- “Momentum”: Riders will enjoy an exciting trip through twin serpentine flumes on this 3-story slide complex!
- “The Storm Surge”: This wave pool is sure to offer something for the entire family; an adventurous dip in the water where guests can ride the waves in, or a lounge area to relax and enjoy the gentle splashing of the waves and the warmth of the south Texas sun!
- “The Gulf Stream”: Hurricane Alley’s lazy river is unique and unlike other lazy rivers because not only will it offer a cozy ride around the perimeter of the park, but it also boasts one-of-a-kind views of Whataburger Field and the Harbor Bridge, as well as a convenient entrance and exit into Typhoon Lagoon!
- Racer Slides: Riders will have a chance to enjoy a little wet ‘n’ wild competition as they race one another to the bottom in our 4-lane racer slides that are fun & speed!
- “Wahoo Willie’s Hideaway Bar”: Parents will have a shelter from the storm in this customized swim-up bar where you never have to leave the water; just swim and sip! Child-friendly beverages will be offered, as well.
For an exclusive, one of a kind waterpark experience with Hurricane Alley, the park will also be available for buy-outs of up to 4 hours outside of normal, operational hours.
Developers of the project are excited to be able to bring such a wonderful attraction to Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend of Texas, but not nearly as excited as the citizens of Corpus and visitors looking to come to the area! The response from the community and tourists to the southern coast of Texas has been extremely enthusiastic and future guests have already begun booking outings for next season and filling up waiting lists for a trip to the park after its grand opening in the Spring of 2012!